Track record Capacity Development
2016 – A pilot of the Advocacy for Disability Rights Course for DPOs and partner organisations of the Liliane Foundation in Tanzania.
2016 – In Ethiopia a 2-week Training of Trainers course was held for future trainers selected by the Strategic Partner Organisations to build the capacity on CBR of the repective national networks of partner organisations of the Liliane Foundation in Anglophone Africa: Cameroon, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
2016 – A 2-week course Management and Leadership in CBR and DID was conducted in The Netherlands for 9 participants from Nepal, Nigeria, Timor-Leste and Uganda.
2016 – In Benin a 2-week Training of Trainers course was held for future trainers selected by the Strategic Partner Organisations to build the capacity on CBR of the respective national networks of partner organisations of the Liliane Foundation in Francophone Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, DR Congo, Rwanda and Togo.
2016 – Turks and Caicos hosted a 3-day CBR training for participants from the CARICOM and Dutch Caribbean.
2016 – A French CBR training workshop for the national network of disability-related organisations in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
2016 – A national CBR training workshop for the Janyryk Parent Association in Kyrgyzstan with partners of ICCO / Kerk in Actie and a workshop and presentation given at the international conference " Innovative approaches to working with children with disabilities" .
2016 – Design and delivery of a regional CBR workshop with the strategic partner organisations of the Liliane Foundation in East and Central Africa. Nine countries of which 6 English- (Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe) and 4 French-speaking countries (Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo and Rwanda) are involved in this long term capacity building trajectory in CBR and DID.
2015 – A 2-week CBR training course in Nepal for staff of Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre in Pakistan.
2016 – A 2-week CBR training workshop in Brasil for several stakeholders in the field of leprosy prevention and treatment, e.g. Government, University, DPOs etc, followed by the design of a research proposal for the Leprosy Research Initiative.
2016 – Design and delivery of 2 regional workshops (Ghana and Benin) with the strategic partner organisations of the Liliane Foundation in West Africa. Eight countries of which 4 English- (Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Cameroon) and 4 French-speaking countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Togo) are involved in this long term capacity building trajectory in CBR and DID.
2015 – Regional strategic workshop with the strategic partner organisations of the Liliane Foundation in Asia. Six countries (India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines) took part in this workshop as part of a long term capacity building trajectory in CBR and DID.
2014 – Tailor made French CBR training workshop for the key partners of Light for the World Burkina Faso. This French course aimed at training and linking staff from the Ministry of Social Action and from the OCADES; a catholic charity organisation.
2014 – Development and delivery of a French Training of Trainers course, hosted by CBM Niger.
2014 – Masterclass in CBR and Disability Inclusive Development, hosted by ALERT, Ethiopia
2013 - Development and delivery of a French CBR Introduction Course, hosted by DAHW Senegal
2012-2013 - Development and delivery of a Training of Trainers programme in Community Based Rehabilitation for staff of BIKASH Training Centre in Pokhara, Nepal. This tailor-made programme that was financed by NUFFIC in The Netherlands as part of a project focusing on strengthening the capacity of BIKASH Training Centre.
2012 - Curriculum development of a 1-year diploma course in CBR in collaboration with the Disability Working Group and the Universidade Nacional Timor Lorosa’e (UNTL) in East-Timor. Enablement developed 12 teaching modules with readers for facilitators and students. Enablement trained the facilitators of the UNTL. This prorgamme is funded by AusAid, the EU and TLMI.
2012 – 2014 - Development of a Framework for a National Action Plan on CBR for Malawi and Zambia. This project was funded by the Norwegian Association of the Disabled.
2011 - Curriculum development of a 2-year diploma course in CBR at the Department of Special Needs Education and Rehabilitation of the University of Jos in Plateau State, Nigeria, in collaboration with CREATE South Africa. This programme was funded by NLR in The Netherlands as well as a number of other international NGOs active in the field of disability in Nigeria.
2011 to date - “Think Big in Rehabilitation”: the development of an integral system of rehabilitation services in Nigeria. Establishment of a comprehensive programme consisting of state-level (and federal) rehabilitation referral centres, with adequate space, equipment and staffing in all domains of medical and social rehabilitation. These centres have an intensive outreach programme initiating and supporting medical rehabilitation and CBR in collaboration with other institutions, DPOs, CSOs, NGOs, INGOs and LGA authorities. Such system are complemented by human capacity building at the level of the Schools for Physiotherapy, enhance Occupational Therapy courses and diploma courses in CBR (University of Jos).
2008-2010 – 3 consecutive years of offering a 2-week international CBR training course, for: ALERT Training Centre Ethiopia
2003-2014 - 11 consecutive years of offering a 2-week international CBR training course, for: BIKASH Training Centre, Nepal
Previous track record by year:
- 2012 – Netherlands: 2-week course Management and Leadership in disability and development
- 10/2011 - Ghana; Various training workshops in Ghana for lecturers KNUST university and DPO leadership for KNUST university/NUFFIC
- 10/2011 - The Netherlands; 2-week CBR leadership course for government officials (October 2011) with senior government staff (up to level of permanent secretary) and politicians from Nigeria, Zambia, Malawi, Ghana, Vietnam, Kenya
- 06/2011 - Nigeria; Lobby tour donor organisations and federal government ministries Nigeria for the development of a national rehabilitation strategy called ‘Rehab - think big’ proposal. As a first step in this development an inaugural meeting of an Inter-ministerial Committee on Disability took place on the 21st of February 2012. For: Government of Nigeria and Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 06/2011 - Nigeria; Curriculum development workshop University of Jos, Plateau state Nigeria, for: University of Jos/ Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 03/2011 - Nepal; Project support mission Kailali District Far West, for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief Nepal
- 02-11/2010 - The Netherlands; Evaluation of the 5-year Disability Rights Programme Dutch Coalition on Disability & Development (DCDD), funded by Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This was a multi-country partnership programme directed at capacity building in the area of disability rights.
- 10/2010 - Nigeria; Project support mission NLR Nigeria, for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 09/2010 - Indonesia; Assignment monitoring mission with strong focus on capacity building of CBR projects, for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 08/2010 - Indonesia; Summer School Disability & Development, for: University of Indonesia
- 06/2010 - Ghana; Curriculum development and training, for: Kwame Nhkruma University (KNUST) /NUFFIC (NUFFIC funded programme for development of BSc in Rehabilitation Practice and MSc in African Disabilities Studies)
- 03/2010 - Nepal; Project support mission for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 04/2010 - Thailand; CBR Training for senior staff of the Ministry of Health, Government of Thailand, Ministry of Health / Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 01/2010 - Ghana; NUFFIC assignment for KNUST (NUFFIC funded programme for development of BSc in Rehabilitation Practice and MSc in African Disabilities Studies, Kumasi, Ghana)
- 10/2009 - Nepal , strategic workshop disability and rehabilitation for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief Kathmandu
- 08/2009 - Nigeria; strategic workshop in Jos, for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 08/2009 - Ghana; Disability Awareness training KNUST university staff, for: KNUST university/NUFFIC
- 05/2009 - Nigeria; Capacity Building in Disability & Development training, Zaria, for: KNUST university/NUFFIC (Training in the field of disability, mainstreaming and inclusion as part of new programme in the field of disability of the Netherlands Leprosy Relief Training directed at government staff; NGO staff and DPOs.)
- 03/2009 - Nepal; Project support mission NLR Nepal, for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 01/2009 - Ghana; Curriculum development and training assignment, for: KNUST (NUFFIC funded programme for development of BSc in Rehabilitation Practice and MSc in African Disabilities Studies)
- 01/2009 - Nigeria; Project support mission NLR Nigeria, for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 11/2008-12/2006 - The Netherlands; 2-day course HIV-AIDS and Disability, for: Enablement
- 07/2008 - Pakistan; 2-week CBR training for CBR Network Pakistan, for: ICCO
- 03-04/2008 - Nigeria; Project support mission NLR Nigeria, for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 01/2008 - India; CBR Training course, KMPDC, Guntur India, for: SKN, SLF and CORDAID
- 08/2007 - Ghana; Training assignment, Kumasi, for: KNUST/NUFFIC
- 06/2007 - Indonesia; NCBR training and strategic workshop Ministry of Health Indonesia, Jakarta, for: Netherlands Leprosy Relief
- 02/2007 - Germany; Training in CBR developments: state of the art lecture, for: German Leprosy Relief Association
- 04/2005 - The Netherlands; Workshop with key staff of Plan Nederland about disability and development, for: Plan Nederland
- 01/2005 - Pakistan; Evaluation and training in CBR, for: Bait-ul Tabassum, Baldia town, Karachi, Pakistan and Stichting Kinderpostzegels Nederland.
- 05/2004-05/2005;01/2004;11/2001 - Eritrea; Backstopping and Capacity Building ERNAB, Eritrean National Association of the Blind, Asmara, Eritrea, for: OXFAM/NOVIB.
- 03-04/2004 - Belarus; Training in patient rights, health promotion and capacity building for DPOs, for: Belarussian Health and Education Professionals, MATRA project EC (March 25-April 11) as part of a 3 year involvement in capacity building of stakeholders in asthma prevention, promotion and control programmes in Belarus.
- 04/2003 - Nigeria; Training in CBR for: The Leprosy Mission Nigeria/TLMI
- 01/2002 - Tanzania; Capacity building IMANI: for: Sister of our Lady of Kilimanjaro, Moshi, Tanzania and CORDAID
- 09-10/2001 - Indonesia; Appraissal Pusat Rehabilitasi Yakkum, Yogyakarta, Indonesia for: CORDAID.Training CORDAID technical assistance staff in CBR.
- 05/2001-11/2002 - Switzerland; UN consultant in International Review of CBR programmes, for: Geneva UN/WHO. Part of an advisory panel preparing the international review on CBR that took place in 2003 in Helsinki.
- 03/2001 - Bangladesh; Evaluation of Danish Bangladesh Leprosy Mission rehabilitation programme, Bangladesh, for: TLMI
- 05-06/2001 - The Netherlands; Training in Disability Policy Development, for: Stichting Liliane Fonds
- 04/2000;11/2000 - Indonesia; Rehabilitation development and training in Indonesia, Hogeschool van Amsterdam, SENTER funded project.
- 1999-2000 - The Netherlands; EU Researcher-writer of: Analysis of situation of people with disabilities in the European Member States and EFTA countries as part of the EURO-2000 report, 1999-2000. The health status of the European Union, Narrowing the health gap ISBN 92-894-3802-9 © European Communities, 2003
- 1999-2004 - The Netherlands; 4-week international course in Rehabilitation Management (annual course) for: Enablement
- 06-07/1998 - Zimbabwe; Workshop convenor EEC (DG XII) funded Workshop on Research Informed Disability and Rehabilitation Planning in Southern Africa, Harare, Zimbabwe, for: European Commission