One of the objectives of Enablement is the promotion of a critical debate related to the furtherance of Community Based Rehabilitation. Enablement wishes to contribute towards this debate by making available resource lists of own publications, as well as those of others that set the scene for innovative approaches to disability and development.
- Understanding the current discourse of rehabilitation: with reference to disability models and rehabilitation policies for evaluation in the South African setting. South Africa Jounral of Physiotherapy 2013, Vol 69, No.2, download PDF here (254kB)
- Disability Inclusion: Possibilities and Progress - A case study in UMfolozi Local Municipality, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Research conducted by CREATE South Africa, download PDF here (954kB)
- Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities
Download PDF here (48kB) http://www.enablement.nl/pdf/bookon_rehabilitation_of_persons_with_disabilities.pdf
- The World of the Defenseless
Is a publication that spreads awareness on the different issues related with the exploitation of children.
Dr. Einar E. Helander
Click to continue to the website.http://www.bpaindia.org/
Download PDF here (358kB) Review_the_world_the_defenseless
- A collection of leprosy related documents on the Infolep part of the ILEP website
Click to continue to the website. http://www.ilep.org.uk/links/
- Handicap International
New online-handbook supports persons with disabilities in the fight against poverty.
Click to continue to the website. http://www.making-prsp-inclusive.org/
Download PDF here (361kB) Making_prsp_inclusive.pdf
- New CBR Training Manual by Queens University
An Educator’s Manual for Community Based Rehabilitation. Teaching community development for the inclusion of people with disabilities
- Disability in Africa
The library of the Africa Study Centre in Leiden collected a web dossier with literature about Disability in Africa.
- The HELP Guide For Community Based Rehabilitation Workers:
A Training Manual
A training manual for South Africa that grew out of Marian Loveday's work as the only physiotherapist working in a community of about 300,000 people.
Free download from:http://www.global-help.org/publications/books/book_cbrehabilitation.html
- Announcement from AccessAbility
The handbook, “Employing the Disabled” is a step by step guide to demystify the perceived complexities around employing persons with disabilities, and can be viewed at:
- Books where the hero (or heroine) has a disability
For those of you who like reading fiction, please help us populate an area of our NAP portal for famous fictional characters (short stories and novels - not movies)
- The Hesperian Foundation has a great deal of open access publications. View their books and resources on http://hesperian.org/books-and-resources/
- Disability and Social Change
A South African agenda, with open access chapters
Download eBook http://www.hsrcpress.ac.za/product.php?productid=2151
- Colin Barnes and Geof Mercer (ed) 'The Social Model of Disability: Eruope and the Majority World; Leeds University
- What Is This Strategy Called CBR? (Paperback)
by Alexander Kwesi Kassahourse
Paperback: 68 pages
Publisher: PublishAmerica (May 2006)